Friday, March 30, 2012

Bumpers

Today while I was out driving around, I saw a small Japanese sedan (maybe a Honda) with no rear bumper whatsover. It was like the car had been driven off the assembly line before the rear end was finished. It occurred to me that when I learned to drive, every single car built in America had front and rear bumpers made of chrome-plated steel. I started watching all the cars that passed me, coming or going, and of the hundreds I checked, I saw one bumper on a monster pickup that looked like it might have been chrome-plated steel. All the rest had the usual body-colored plastic bumpers. Call it my delayed recognition of the end of an era, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN