Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We are SO outta here...

It looks like it's a done deal. The Aggies have issued an official announcement that they're leaving the Big 12 Minus 2, and at least one sports columnist thinks the longhorns are probably jealous. I don't know about that, but I hope it's true. The short-term consequences of a move to the SEC are pretty grim to contemplate, unless it turns out that TAMU really IS a legitimate Top Ten team at this point. I keep thinking back to the 2010 season, when the Aggies went on a run that by their standards was just short of a miracle. As good as the 2010 Aggies were, though, they still lost to Arkansas and were hammered by LSU in the Cotton Bowl.

So... I'm reserving judgment on the SEC move for the moment. The positive aspect that leaps out at me today is that A&M is probably no longer joined at the hip to the longhorns. The negative aspect is that for several seasons, the Aggies may be closer to 6-6 than to 12-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN