Saturday, October 9, 2010

Another Saturday shot to hell

I decided to watch college football this afternoon, and had two moderately interesting games to choose from: Arkansas vs TAMU in Arlington, and Alabama at South Carolina.

There wouldn't be much suspense in the Aggie game. The only real question was whether TAMU would play well and lose a close game, or play poorly and get blown out. I saw Arkansas play Alabama, so I knew that an Aggie win was highly unlikely. As it turned out, the Aggies didn't play particularly well, but they still kept the game fairly close. Final score: Hogs 24, Farmers 17.

Over on CBS, Alabama's plan to repeat as national champs was probably derailed by Steve Spurrier's Gamecocks, who are better than I expected them to be. They whipped Georgia early in the season, back when I thought Georgia was good, but that win was diminished when the Bulldogs went on their losing streak. Still, they were better than the Tide this afternoon and proved it with a 35-21 win. Alabama has replaced Southern Cal as my favorite college team, and I've probably put the hex on them.

The bottom line is that I'm 0-2 on the day, and I expected to be 1-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN