Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Out there ?

I finished my walk a little before 7:00, and was cooling down and logging the data while my wife was listening to the local NPR station on FM radio. The topic being discussed was SETI, the acronym for Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, and the interviewer was asking about evidence there was intelligent life on other planets in the universe.

I've been checking reader comments on newspaper websites today and can make a definitive statement that somewhere there's a planet that has at least as much intelligent life as there is in Texas. Let's face it, the bar is set pretty low. If the Texas right-wingers who type out their lunacy day after day are really the smartest people in the country, as they claim to be, then I have to believe that somewhere in outer space there are beings who can match us IQ point for IQ point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN