Saturday, August 22, 2009

Unhealthy for us

My bro in Houston says in an e-mail that he's afraid Obama is a political lightweight who's wasting time trying to get along with Republicans, and that we're eventually going to wind up with a watered-down health care reform bill that won't contain costs or expand insurance coverage. I agree with the part about the health care bill -- my biggest concern is always that Congress will pass a bad law which is worse than no law. I'm not quite ready to give Obama a grade yet, since he's only seven months into his first year. But at least one liberal columnist is thinking along the same lines we are.

Added 11:31 am, Sunday: Charlie Cook on the 2010 elections. Says Dems lose House seats but maybe hold the majority ? Would it matter if they did ? And this blog points out something else that may be a factor -- just because people think Democrats suck doesn't mean they're getting all gooey for Republicans. Maybe most people are like me and hate 'em both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN