Sunday, April 5, 2009

K. Parker and I agree

Kathleen Parker: Dumbed down by infomania

It isn't only Too Much Information, but the pitch and tenor of delivery that have us in a persistent state of psychic frenzy. From cable news to microblogs to the latest – Fox Nation – life's background music has become one prolonged car alarm.

The link leads to a column by Kathleen Parker. Generally, Parker and I are on opposite sides where political matters are concerned. Sometimes she'll surprise me, though -- as in her columns last year criticizing Trig's mom. All in all, she's one of a small number of conservatives I can tolerate in limited doses.

In the column, she writes about the corrosive effects of the information overload we're currently experiencing. I tend to agree with her point, and am finding that I need regular opportunities to cool down. After reading page after page of evangelunical tirades on the two "Big E" issues (Embryonic stem cells and Evolution), I realize I definitely need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN