Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday, summing up

Here's how I'll sum up my frame of mind after scanning the editorial pages at the online newspaper websites: The Democrats have a bunch of bad ideas. The Republicans don't have any ideas except the same ones they've pushed since the 1980s: cutting corporate and capital gains taxes, privatization, and federal deregulation. Obama may end up being an above-average president, but he's getting off to an extremely slow start. Finally, if eight years of Bush/Cheney/Rove didn't totally destroy the country, I doubt Obama will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN