Thursday, August 9, 2018

Green

If Ralph Nader's votes in Florida had gone to Al Gore instead, there would've been no Bush 43. If Jill Stein's votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania had gone to Hillary Clinton instead, there's no telling where Donny Jack Smack would be, but he wouldn't be watching Fox News in his pajamas at the White House.

Since the Green Party candidate has won just enough votes in two presidential elections to help two popular vote losers win the electoral vote, I can't deny that I've been frustrated.

Stuff like I just finished reading isn't improving my mood one damn bit.

Update: Timothy Adams lost the primary to another Green Party candidate, but he still got nearly 40 percent of the GP votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN