Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Voting Day

It isn't unusual for me to skip party primaries, especially in non-presidential election years. In Texas, the primary action is almost always on the Republican side, and the few Democrats who run against any incumbent Republicans are destined to fail, so why waste my time?

There's a lot of chatter these days about the increasing possibility of a Blue Wave election in November. I try to avoid anything that resembles over-confidence, but I realized this morning that if a Blue Tsunami's coming, I want to say I was part of it. And that's why I spent 30 precious minutes of my life voting in the Democratic Party primary this afternoon. Let's just say that Donnie Turnip, Greg Abbott, Danny (Goeb) Patrick, and Rafael (Ted) Cruz motivated me to exercise my right.

Update: Additional motivation provided by worthless motherfuckers like Mitch, who can keep the country totally fucked up as long as he's majority leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN