Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Roadkill

I was out walking this morning and spotted a buzzard in the middle of the street about a block ahead, pecking at a dark red mess that had been an armadillo at one time. There was a car coming toward me and another one about to pass me from behind, and I decided there was a good chance one or the other would get the buzzard as he tried to lift off. Instead, he took a few steps to his right as the first car passed, then a few steps to the left as the second one went by. I thought, "Times really are hard, even for scavengers. That fucker would rather risk getting run over than fly away from a free meal."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN