Thursday, June 25, 2009

Healthy discussion

Mrs. bee and I have affordable health insurance, so our personal stake in the issue of universal health care revolves around our children and people we know who aren't as fortunate as we are. I haven't kept up with the progress of Obama's health care proposals as closely as I could have, but the impression I'm getting from internet reports is that it's turning into a major clusterfuck.

The Democrats are hopeless as a governing entity and are only tolerable when compared to Republicans, who are significantly worse. Democrats want to do good things that benefit most people, but have the organizational skills of brain-damaged pissants. Republicans, on the other hand, can unify into a well-oiled machine at the drop of the hat but have an agenda that makes my skin crawl.

Imagine a Republican president in the White House who just won the office with Obama's popular vote and Electoral College margins. Then imagine that president with Republican majorities in the House and Senate equivalent to the current Democratic majorities. Now, imagine universal health care as a Republican priority. Can you say DONE DEAL? I thought you could,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN