Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Conventionally Speaking

In 2004, I was watching the Democratic convention the night Barack Obama delivered his address. I thought his speech was as eloquent as any political speech I'd ever heard, and I told myself that if there was ever going to be a black president, Obama would probably be the guy. This was at a time when black presidential candidates were men like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Tonight, twelve years later, President Obama spoke to the DNC again, endorsing HRC and explaining to the nation why Trump is not just bad but bad on an epic scale. I have to admit that any time I hear Obama give a speech like the one tonight, I'm extremely proud to be an American citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer walks in Texas

Judging by the amount of water on driveways and sidewalks and in the street, some Texans seem to think you can grow concrete and asphalt using lawn sprinklers.

Six-Word Memoir

Most of my balloons were popped.

The head butter

My photo
The less you know, the happier we'll both be.

BACKSPIN